LogChat Podcast is back - and now on iTunes as well!
Everybody knows that all this world needs is a podcast devoted to logs, logging and log management (as well as SIEM, incident response and other closely related subjects).
Administrative items first:
- It turns out, we don't need a new name! We are now entirely happy with "LogChat." The prize we offered will hereby be awarded to that one person who liked the original name :-) Marisa, please email me to claim your very own signed copy of the "PCI Compliance" book.
- So far, we are still not ready with transcribing. I did try Amazon Mechanical Turk, but it didn't turn to be as inexpensive as people claimed. If you have ideas for a good/inexpensive transcribing service, we are all ears.
- We plan for this to happen every four weeks - recorded on Wednesday, posted on Thursday. However, due to our work schedules, irregularities may occur :-)
- Please suggest topics to cover as well - even though we are not likely to run out of ideas for a few years. Our topic today is log collection challenges and solutions: log sizing, EPS estimation, agents/agentless, high volume collection, Windows to syslog, etc
- Any other feedback is HUGELY useful. Is it too long? Too loud? Too rant-y? Too technical? Not enough jokes? Too few mentions of the "cloud"? Feedback please!
Enjoy THE LogChat!
Cross-posted from Security Warrior