Tit for Tat: Israeli Hackers and Muslim Hackers Bring Knives to Gun Fights
Malone: You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That’s* the *Chicago* way! And that’s how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I’m offering you a deal. Do you want this deal? ~ The Untouchables (Sean Connery)
Neener, Neener, Neener, I Have Your Credit Cards!
JAN 18TH, 2012
Important message from 0xOmar from group-xp
- Important message from 0xOmar from group-xp the largest Wahhabi hacker commando of Iran.
- Things do not go as well as they should:
- * First came the Russians (must be KGB agents) and hacked my 0xOmar@mail.ru email account and changed password.
- ** Then someone (American FBI feds most likely) hacked my pastebin/0xOmar
- *** If this was not enough… some mysterious hand (Allah himself/herself?) keep deleting our group-xp information of none existing cc numbers!
- **** Anyway, since I am the greatest 0xOmar with direct power from the President in Iran – I knew what to do. To start my own website at: http://184.108.40.206 But guess what????? Now this has also got hacked and turned into an Apache server start page! This time I have no doubt who is behind this brutal and illegal actions of vandalism! It must be the Apache Indians themselves.
- ***** Updated: now I am using torrents – just in case, if you discover that you are infected with one of my Trojans while downloading my torrent, the Trojan will only pick your credit card number and any password if possible and be sent further to all your contacts!
- Please do not worry about this small technicalities its for the sake of helping the poor Palestinian children in Jerusalem who stand in the middle of the road while throwing stones on Israeli drivers, we will attempt to use your credit card for teaching them where to stand next time they try killing Israeli drivers.
- - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlXRAJ7SuVI
- - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At9b3YQSQ_E
- And if its OK with you, I will use the rest of the credit on your card for learning what hacking is, because I am complete clueless lamer when it comes to hacking!
- Thank you!
- 0xOmar from group-xp the largest Wahhabi hacker commando of Iran
Pastebin Timeline courtesy of the CTRL+C –> CTRL-V skills of GatoMalo
[Editors Note: Source: http://uscyberlabs.com/blog/2012/01/19/timeline-middle-east-hacker-cyberwar-0xomar-hannibal/]
If the Pastebin above is to be believed as legitimate, then we see 0xomar, the alleged hacker putting out some reasons (albeit addled ones) as to why he is hacking credit card accounts of Israeli’s.
Seems that Omar is a fan of Palestine and thinks that by “doxing” like Anonymous (and there may in fact be a connection between the two) will make a change in the greater geopolitical scheme of things in the Middle East. I think it’s a misguided effort myself, if at all true…
No, it seems more to be just about some lulz than anything else really.
Some of what is said here does not jive either with this guy being a Saudi... The whole Iran thing at the end pretty much says it all to me.
Anyway, it seems that a new war of annoyance has begun between the self proclaimed hackers from Saudi “Group-xp” (named for the Windows operating system they like to use? heh) have declared a jihad on Israel and their credit rating…
Person by person that they can hack and expose… *shudder*
Meanwhile, Israel threatened physical/legal action against the hacker(s) if they catch them (him) and tried to say that he was in fact a hacker in Mexico. Of course Omar said that it wasn’t him then taunted them with two weeks to locate him or he’d drop more documents online for everyone to be titillated by.
Oh Yeah? Well I have DoS’d El Al and Your Stock Exchange! (Well, their websites... doing no real harm)
Then Omar and his “crew” went on a raging DDoS of El Al’s website and the Israeli Stock Exchange!! Which knocked the sites offline but not the businesses.
TAKE THAT ISRAEL! WE HAZ YOU NOWZ!
Soon more dox will be dumped, more credit cards I assume.. But really, is this doing anything for the fight over the Middle East? 0xOmar does not seem to be winning the war against Israel here and I have to wonder just what the end goals are here.
Just as well, I also wonder if this is just a hanger on who wants to play Anonymous’ game and attempt to make a splash in the digital as well as the analog communities he is talking about.
Or is he just in it for the lulz?
Of course there was the dropping of the SCADA passwords recently, and this... Well this is more along the lines of doing something isn’t it? As I wrote recently about “cyberwar”, the real aegis is to damage infrastructure, cause supply chains to fail, and in the end invade or conduct military operations against someone else.
So, would not the use of these SCADA passwords by the likes of 0xOmar to down important systems and cause greater damage as a whole be more advantageous here? Or is it that this is a one trick pony we are all seeing in the news?
Like the quote from “The Untouchables” says pretty clearly, you wanna do damage you don’t bring a knife to a gunfight kid.
The Geopolitics of DDoS and DOX-ing
Meanwhile, this all has me thinking about the DoX-ing going on with the Anonymous model of geopolitical force. So, could posting documents like Wikileaks have a longer lasting and more prolific change on a country/government than just dropping credit cards? Of course! I mean, who gets hurt really in the dump of credit cards?
The banks just pass that along to the customers eventually so really… No one gets hurt but the end users... and those end users are not going to beg the government to make the bad man stop?
Nope, the real deal would be to attack infrastructure and cause havoc.. Not this skiddie crap. This is the problem with Anonymous too. So far they have been a wind storm in a china cup really.
They think that they are doing massive things, but the reality is that change happens slowly and raising awareness is great, but, it may not have the outcome you want... Nor will it happen right away.
So, 0xOmar, I think that there are too many holes in your story, too little effect from your dumps, and just enough media hype to keep you happy.
Enjoy it will you can.
Cross-posted from Krypt3ia