Invite your friends by posting this on Twitter: "#BSidesKC October 26th 2011: Security fun! http://bit.ly/BSidesKC"
About the Event:
Each BSides is a community-driven framework for building events for and by information security community members.
The goal is to expand the spectrum of conversation beyond the traditional confines of space and time. It creates opportunities for individuals to both present and participate in an intimate atmosphere that encourages collaboration.
It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from participants. It is where conversations for the next-big-thing are happening. You don’t want to miss it!
BSides KC will have one track (with "availability" for additional, ad-hoc talks that come up during the event). The first track will be talks voted confirmed before the event; there will be a lightning talk session in the middle of the day, wherein talks are short and could be on a wide range of subjects.
BSidesKC Event details:
- When: Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Where: Johnson County KS conference center Suite 201 - Map http://g.co/maps/zh83 Free Parking!
- Cost: Free!
- Sponsors Wanted! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM - Registration
- 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM - Brief remarks, thank sponsors
- 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM - Nick Coblentz: Using Watir & Ruby for Web Application Vulnerability Unit Testing
- 11:000 AM - 11:45 AM - Andy Barrett: Taking The A** Out Of Risk Assessments
- Noon - 1:00 PM - Lunch (KC BBQ)
- 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM - Lightning Talks Will Metcalf , Bill Swearingen, Cory Kennedy
- 1:45 PM - 2:30 PM - Bill "@hevnsnt" Swearingen: If I could recommend ONE THING to do in order to protect your company it would be ___________"
- 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM - Trent Lo: Abandon hope all Ye who write c0d3
- 3:45 PM - 4:15 PM - Richard "RSAXVC" Allen: Abusing Femtocell Network Infrastructure
- 4:20 PM - 4:45 PM - Closing remarks / IPAD2 giveaway