Why is this important for ISO 27001?
You probably know that risk assessment is important for information security, and especially for ISO 27001 – but risk assessment is not everything. Once you find out which potential security problems you can face, you have to do something about them – this is what implementation, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving is all about.
Being the most expensive, implementation is usually in the focus of every information security effort; however, other activities must not be neglected because they ensure that your system is up-to-date, that it is controlled, and always adapted to the constant changes.
You have to plan for all these activities from the very beginning of your ISO 27001 project, and this standard will give you the methodology for doing it.
Register for this webinar to learn:
- Structure of ISO 27001 standard – Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle
- Overview of the implementation phase (clause 4.2.2), monitoring and reviewing phase (4.2.3), maintaining and improving phase (4.2.4), and how to implement those in your organization
- Overview of human resources management (5.2.2), internal audit (6), management review, and corrective and preventive actions (8), and how to implement those in your organization
- Mandatory documents according to ISO 27001 (4.3.1)
This live online training includes the following workshops:
- Setting up a measurement system
- Filling in the Risk Treatment Plan
- Filling in the Correction Action Request Form (CAR)
Tuesday - February 15, 2011 (Duration: 2.5 hours)
10:00 AM London time
11:00 AM Brussels time
3:30 PM (15:30) Mumbai time
7:00 PM (19:00) Tokyo time
Monday - February 21, 2011 (Duration: 2.5 hours)
10:00 AM Los Angeles time
1:00 PM (13:00) New York time
6:00 PM (18:00) London time
7:00 PM (19:00) Brussels time
Tuition: $189 per attendee
What You Receive
- Training delivered by Dejan Kosutic, one of the leading experts for ISO 27001 / BS 25999-2
- 3 workshops
- Download of presentation deck and workshop materials
- Access to webinar recording
- Template of document Risk Treatment Plan ($19.90 value)
- Template of document Corrective or Preventive Action Form ($9.90 value)
- 30 days access to E-learning tutorials ($69.00 value)
- 30 minutes of private consultation with Dejan Kosutic
- Certification & credits: Attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion with 2.5 hours of CPE credits
All of the above is included in the webinar price.
Professionals with little or moderate experience in ISO 27001, including:
- Chief Security Officers (CSOs)
- Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs)
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Risk managers
- Compliance managers
- ISO 27001/information security consultants
- ISO 27001/IT auditors
- Members of top management responsible for information security
- All information security practitioners
About the training
This highly interactive live online training (via webinar) is designed to enable you to walk away with important skills for executing the planning phase of ISO 27001 in your organization. It contains 3 workshops where filling in the real ISMS documents is exercised. This moderately priced course offers compelling content, downloadable materials and live engagement with an expert consultant with whom you can discuss how to resolve your specific implementation issues. The course includes documentation templates, access to E-learning tutorials and private time with the trainer for consultation on specific issues. You will experience the training right from your desk, eliminating travel costs and minimizing lost time away from your office.
Competencies and prerequisites
The participants must have their own copy of ISO/IEC 27001 standard in English (not included in price), a broadband Internet connection, and computer with a headset or loudspeakers and microphone (in some countries access through telephone line is also available – in such case headset/loudspeakers/microphone are not required). Prior general knowledge of information security is recommended.
In order to receive the Certificate of Completion, the attendees must read E-learning tutorials (as pre-course work), attend the training throughout its duration, and participate in workshops.
Trainer: Dejan Kosutic is the author of documentation toolkits and E-learning tutorials at Information Security & Business Continuity Academy. He has long working experience both as tutor and as a consultant – he is Approved Tutor for ISMS Lead Auditor courses at SGS, and delivers various ISO 27001 and BS 25999-2 in-person courses throughout Europe, as well as online courses via webinars. In his consulting career, he works with clients from the financial sector, government, and small and medium sized businesses including IT companies.
He has an MBA from Henley Management College, and is the holder of the following certificates: Certified Management Consultant, ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor, Associate Business Continuity Professional, and ISO 9001 Lead Auditor.
Complete Webinar Schedule:
February 15, February 21 - ISO 27001 Foundations Part 2: Implementation, Monitoring and Reviewing, Maintaining and Improving the ISMS
FREE WEBINAR - February 16 - ISO 27001 & BS 25999-2: Why is It Better to Implement Them Together?
February 16, February 22 - Internal Audit: How to Conduct it According to ISO 27001 and BS 25999-2
February 16, February 23 - ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course Preparation Training
February 17, February 23 - BS 25999-2 Foundations Part 1: Business Impact Analysis
February 22, March 7 - ISO 27001 Foundations Part 3: Annex A Overview
FREE WEBINAR - February 23 - ISO 27001: An Overview of ISMS Implementation Process
February 24, March 9 - BS 25999-2 Foundations Part 2: Business Continuity Strategy
March 8, March 21 - Risk Management Part 1: Risk Assessment Methodology and Risk Assessment Process
FREE WEBINAR - March 9 - BS 25999-2: An Overview of BCM Implementation Process
March 9, March 22 - How to Become ISO 27001 / BS 25999-2 Consultant
March 10, March 23 - BS 25999-2 Foundations Part 3: Business Continuity Planning
FREE WEBINAR - March 23 - ISO 27001 Implementation: How to Make It Easier Using ISO 9001
March 24, April 18 - How to Write Four Mandatory Procedures for ISO 27001 and BS 25999-2
April 5, April 19 - ISO 27001 A.6 & A.8: Organization of Information Security; External Parties; Raising Awareness, Training and HR Management
FREE WEBINAR - April 6 - ISO 27001/BS 25999-2: The Certification Process
April 6, April 19 - ISO 27001 A.7: Asset Management and Classification